Sustainability at CATEX, Irish Companies clinch Top Spots at IFSA Awards
Wednesday, February 22, 2023.
Sustainability Served up at CATEX as Irish Companies clinch Top Spots at The IFSA Awards
GREEN products and sustainable, innovative services were high on the agenda on the first day of CATEX, supported by Calor and Bunzl McLaughlin, Ireland’s largest foodservice and hospitality exhibition.
Taking place at the RDS, Simmonscourt, the Irish Foodservice Supplier Awards – themed around ‘Sustainability and the Circular Economy, – were created by the Irish Foodservice Suppliers Alliance (IFSA) as a vehicle to highlight the foodservice industry’s response to the very real environmental crisis.
The Six Foodservice Supplier winners were:
- Prepsheets from Prepsheets for Best Foodservice Technology Product – Back of House
- CBE PixelPoint / QSR from CBE for Best Foodservice Technology Product – Front of House
- Frylite Solutions from Frylite Solutions for Best Sustainable Food Product
- Converge Multi Cook Oven from KANECO LTD for Energy Efficiency Innovation in Heavy Catering Equipment
- Vito VL from Valentine & CuisinEquip for Energy Efficiency Innovation in Light Catering Equipment
The winners were announced on day one of CATEX, following a two-stage judging process. Overseen by an independent, expert panel of judges with a wealth of experience, judges included Maurice Bergin, Managing Director of Green Hospitality; Keith Warren, Director of FEA UK; Tony McGuigan, Head of Procurement and F&B Projects, Dalata Hotel Group PLC; Gullaime Oates, GFD Associates and Sean Graham, Chief Information Officer, PREM Group.
The following products were also noted as Highly Commended by the Judges:
- Positive Carbon Food Waste Monitoring Sensors from Positive Carbon for Best Foodservice Technology Product – Back of House
- Pudu Robotics from Stephens Catering Equipment for Best Foodservice Technology Product – Front of House
- Plant-It Plain Fillet and Meat-Free Mince from Plant-It for Best Sustainable Food Product
- Cookbox from Hao Yun Ltd for Energy Efficiency Innovation in Heavy Catering Equipment
- ColdBru from Marco Beverage Systems for Energy Efficiency Innovation in Light Catering Equipment
Shortlisted companies will benefit from elevated awareness of their products and services across the three-day exhibition, which is set to welcome approximately 12,000 visitors.
Other award winners included BWG Foodservice who were named National Foodservice Supplier of the Year, in an industry vote in which foodservice professionals cast their vote.
Congratulating this year’s IFSA’s award winners, Alan Cruite, Chairman of IFSA said: “We were overwhelmed by the level of entries and the judges were challenged to select the category winners – those who have really positioned sustainability at the forefront of their offering. Those selected really impressed the judges how the business is playing its role in innovation within sustainability.
“Congratulations to all of those who were shortlisted and a special ‘well done’ to the winning companies – what a great achievement!”
A real celebration of skills, service, excellence and innovation within the foodservice and hospitality industries, CATEX continues at the RDS, Simmonscourt until Thursday 23rd February with doors opening at 10am. For further information visit www.catexexhibition.com